Broken Site Help

I downloaded IPB 4.5 Beta 11 just fine and both the website and the AdminCP were working.  After taking a look at all the new stuff, I noticed our theme was wonky and went to go upgrade it since there was a version compatible with 4.5. available in the marketplace.  After upgrading, things were fine for the first few minutes of browsing the site to make sure everything wonky was fixed with the theme upgrade, but then my site just completely broke with template errors, and shortly after that it just stopped letting us access it.

After you log in, you might be able to access certain pages, but if you try to browse, you're hit with a ton of generic 500 errors.  No one is able to access the AdminCP from any account, you're just automatically hit with another generic 500 error, no chance to log in.  No errors are being recorded server side, and any attempt to fix it has come up short.  I've submitted a ticket but that was well over 2 hours ago and I'm still sitting here on my hands waiting for help.

If I do a clean install of IPB, will all of the website content disappear if I use the same database on the new install?

Edited by ahc

Just now, bosss

Try upload beta 11 files again and test - (maybe you can run upgrade again)!

I’ve already tried that unfortunately.

I’ve tried going in and manually deleting apps/plugins to see if that would help but it would just fix one page and break another. I reverted those changes and am just waiting for advice on how I can somehow reverse the upgrade or manually set the ACP theme to IPS default through Cpanel.

@bosss  When I have the recover constant set to true, it disables everything third party and restores the default theme, however, once I remove it as instructed in order to use the ACP, it goes back to not letting me access the ACP again.  

I left recovery mode on and uploaded a fresh set of files, turned it off, same thing.  When I go to run the upgrader it says everything is already up to date.

Edited by ahc

1 minute ago, ahc said:

@bosss  When I have the recover constant set to true, it disables everything third party and restores the default theme, however, once I remove it as instructed in order to use the ACP, it goes back to not letting me access the ACP again.  

Did you upload files again?

After try put False in constant.php.

Just now, bosss said:

Did you upload files again?

After try put False in constant.php.

Yes, sorry.  I had edited my post.  I downloaded a fresh set from the client area and all files were uploaded/overwritten.  I then changed it to False and I immediately lost access to ACP and got the generic error once again.

3 minutes ago, ahc said:

Yes, sorry.  I had edited my post.  I downloaded a fresh set from the client area and all files were uploaded/overwritten.  I then changed it to False and I immediately lost access to ACP and got the generic error once again.

Very strange - should wait for support - they can help you (do not manually delete anything).

2 minutes ago, bosss said:

Very strange - should wait for support - they can help you (do not manually delete anything).

Okay thank you.  I just wish I could turn the website back on.  The frontend seems to be working fine now that everything is disabled, I just can't get ACP access.  😞

1 minute ago, bosss said:

Have you access to admin CP with setting True?

Yes, but it doesn't allow me to do anything in recovery mode.  I tried going to turn the website on but it gives me an error telling me I can't do anything until I remove " 'RECOVERY_MODE', true " from the constants.php file.

9bdca4e926ce991682cea2210b35a127.png

2 minutes ago, ahc said:

Yes, but it doesn't allow me to do anything in recovery mode.  I tried going to turn the website on but it gives me an error telling me I can't do anything until I remove " 'RECOVERY_MODE', true " from the constants.php file.

Try to change constants.php to constans_old.php (for test)

1 minute ago, bosss said:

Try to change constants.php to constans_old.php (for test)

MY GUY!!!!  (or gal)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.  I am knocking on wood that NOTHING else breaks until I figure out which 3rd party app/plugin caused all this MESS.  

1 minute ago, ahc said:

MY GUY!!!!  (or gal)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.  I am knocking on wood that NOTHING else breaks until I figure out which 3rd party app/plugin caused all this MESS.  

What causing problems?

Nice that you fixed!

Just now, bosss said:

What causing problems?

Nice that you fixed!

I have no clue, but changing the file name unlocked the ACP for me.  I'm going to go in and uninstall everything the correct way and then only re-install anything that's compatible with 4.5.

3 minutes ago, ahc said:

I have no clue, but changing the file name unlocked the ACP for me.  I'm going to go in and uninstall everything the correct way and then only re-install anything that's compatible with 4.5.

Inform me please - you can send PM!

45 minutes ago, bosss said:

Inform me please - you can send PM!

I figured out what's causing it to break.  Anytime I attempt to upgrade a plugin or application from the ACP marketplace, a technical error occurs and I can no longer access the ACP unless I run recovery mode again and go through all those steps to start back over.  (Disabling all apps and plugins, uploading a fresh set of files, and renaming the constants file.)

Me attempting to upgrade our theme via the ACP marketplace earlier today is what triggered this issue to begin with, so now I have a pattern.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Edited by ahc