Group promotions problem

Hey there, quick question.

I set up group promotions as the following:

254884914_ScreenShot2020-06-22at1_01_45PM.png.3aac4165bbb7775a4cbf9ccd03f2f0de.png

However, a member messaged me asking why they have both Spark and Ember displaying in their profile.

Spark is the Group he is in, however it shows his community reputation as Ember. I am unsure what to tell him or why it's doing that. By my logic, he should've been moved into the Ember category right? Because his reputation score is 38. But why is he still in Spark? 

1167278729_ScreenShot2020-06-22at1_02_34PM.png.8bc2d070f8d7c21fc861feee91321ed0.png

I've always had trouble wrapping my head around group promotions for some reason, so any clarification would be awesome. 🙏 

There is a known bug with Group Promotion, which won't get resolved until the official release of 4.5

This is a message I got back regarding an issue I brought up with support.

Marc Stridgen (Invision Community)

May 18, 2020, 2:17:42 AM EDT

Hello,

Sorry for any confusion here. The issue here is a bug in the group promotion rules, in which is resolved in the next upcoming release of the platform. It would be advisable to switch off those rules for now until there is a fix available.

Kind Regards,
Marc Stridgen

1 hour ago, SC36DC said:

There is a known bug with Group Promotion, which won't get resolved until the official release of 4.5

This is a message I got back regarding an issue I brought up with support.

Omg 😩. I can't just switch off the rules lol. Ok thanks for letting me know. I will let my member know what's going on. Thank you 🙏 

3 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Omg 😩. I can't just switch off the rules lol.

I completely get it. It kind of ruined what I was going to do with Members Shop and I how I was going to adjust permissions based on groups.

3 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Ok thanks for letting me know. I will let my member know what's going on. Thank you 🙏 

You are most welcome.