Impossible to remove a language bit in custom Stream phrase

Maxxius

Hello, I'm trying to localize my forum and noticed that this word "in" is somewhat hardcoded into the IPS files because it cannot be translated in language manager and I think it causes a problem for every language that is not English. This can even be called as a bug and fixed in upcoming versions. However right now has anyone any clue how to remove this bit here when you have created a custom stream? the term for translating this part is steam_blurb_with_terms which is responsible for all that text.

streams.thumb.png.8c5b755314e7a1348747b47f1a3b2e64.png

It's not hardcoded, I guess you're not translating the right key..
stream_blurb_in_containers is being used here

Just some clarification:

steam_blurb_with_terms is indeed what's being used here, but if you take a look at the content ('steam_blurb_with_terms' => "Showing %s %s.", ), it contains some variables ( %s %s ) and one of the variables contains all the other language strings which are being used to build the further text containing containers, the date/timespan etc..

9 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

It's not hardcoded, I guess you're not translating the right key..
stream_blurb_in_containers is being used here

Just some clarification:

steam_blurb_with_terms is indeed what's being used here, but if you take a look at the content ('steam_blurb_with_terms' => "Showing %s %s.", ), it contains some variables ( %s %s ) and one of the variables contains all the other language strings which are being used to build the further text containing containers, the date/timespan etc..

Great! This really worked out, I customized it to my liking.

Now perhaps you're wondering why I made this topic - well because I first made a ticket in support and got a definitive answer that this can't be translated. Well what do you know, when it comes to translation certainly not all support staff are equally knowledgeable.  😄

I'm happy this turned out well.

Archived