Custom stream specifics are too much & unneeded. Hideable?

Maxxius

hi, I have had to set up custom stream filter for myself to exclude ONE forum I dont want to see topics from and I end up with this monstrosity every time I go to unread content. Same on my forum where I also hid one forum. And my forum has WAY more forums and subforums and a sidebar. The text mentioning all the forums where search is done is HUGE. Look real bad.

streams.thumb.png.378b0774109223558e4b2d8fb2478388.png

Does IPS really have to display all of that? What if I had even more forum sections? Can a spoiler or show more link be added here to reveal the full list of forums the content is gathered from? I need suggestions to make this look acceptable. Hopefully IPS notices this and addresses that in newer versions too.

Thank you.

You gave me an idea. I tried messing with theme first and I managed to change the code responsible for that into this:

In template edit search for streamBlurb then in a template file add

data-role='streamOverview' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='2 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'

so it would look like

{{if $form}}
			<p class='ipsType_reset ipsType_normal ipsSpacer_bottom' data-role='streamOverview' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='2 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'>
				<span data-role='streamBlurb'>{$stream->blurb()}</span>
			</p>
		{{endif}}

at least I can truncate it. But no matter how I tried (though I'm no expert anyway) I couldn't get Show more type of thing to appear.

will contact those guys 🙂 Thanks @Joel R

Archived