Post before Registering - no registration form shown

Thomas P

Hi folks,

on our test forums I turned on "Post Before Registering". I see the editor window as a guest on that testbed and can enter a user name and the post text.

So far so good, but after submitting the post I am not presented the registration form and the post is shown posted as "Guest user name".

Please note that I don't have post as guest allowed at that forums permissions level.

Is there a setting I am missing?

I used this doc:

And this one:

Thanks,
Thomas

If you see a field to enter a username then post before register is not kicking in properly. You should instead see a field to enter an email address but no username.

I suspect you might have some third party addons installed that aren't properly compatible with the post before register feature, so I would encourage you to disable any third party applications or plugins and test again.

Hi Brandon,

we have only a few addons installed which I just disabled all in our testbed. Apart of that I use the default theme and default language.
Yes, it was one of the plugins 😉

Thanks for pointing out that there should appear the field containing the prompt to enter the email address, that really helped.
I've set the login method to "Standard" > "Display Name" so I didn't notice that something is wrong on the post before registering screen...

Thanks,
Thomas 

Archived