Wordpress SSO question

Jordan Miller

Hi there - quick question. 

I am launching memberships for my website via Member Press x WordPress soon. 

I'd love to integrate my forums somehow with Wordpress SSO, but it appears it would only work for *new* registrations versus the thousands of members that are already active and registered? Am I mistaken?

I'd like for when someone signs up for our membership through MemberPress, then their forums account will also be upgraded (they will be placed in their own special group). If they decide to cancel their subscription, then their forums account will also be downgraded. 

When they register via Wordpress, how will it know to log them into the forums with their existing account?

Is it possible to somehow marry all them together? 

Here are my forums; http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/forum/36-the-britney-spears-forum/

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!

@stoo2000 @stoo2000+

On 4/28/2019 at 5:41 AM, stoo2000 said:

I replied to your PM 🙂

Can you reply to mine? I am having nothing but issues with the plugin unfortunately, and need it taken care of. We were supposed to launch our site tomorrow, but this is delaying it. I am trying to see if the IPS default oAuth will work so that we can get our site going. Thanks in advance @stoo2000

11 hours ago, ImpartialGeek said:

Can you reply to mine? I am having nothing but issues with the plugin unfortunately, and need it taken care of. We were supposed to launch our site tomorrow, but this is delaying it. I am trying to see if the IPS default oAuth will work so that we can get our site going. Thanks in advance @stoo2000

I certainly did a little while ago :). It looks like the spam defense service is working and blocking some registrations that it believes are spammers. As you know, I've sent you further advice in your support ticket.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:23 AM, stoo2000 said:

I certainly did a little while ago 🙂. It looks like the spam defense service is working and blocking some registrations that it believes are spammers. As you know, I've sent you further advice in your support ticket.

INdeed you did, and it is working as it should now. One thing I would like to be able to change, but other than that great 🙂 Great support man!

Archived