Can't move forums?

DaisyB

Hi! Today, one of my admins tried to move a forum we no longer use to a different forum category (it's our annual birthday forum which we just save for the next year), and for whatever reason, when she moved it, several of our other forums moved to a completely different forum altogether. When she tried to move those other forums back to where they go, several MORE forums ended up moving into that category as well. I stepped in and tried to move the forums back myself, and while I'm able to move them back to where they belong, it seems that for every forum I move back to the appropriate location, another (seemingly random one) moves out of place. Is this happening to anyone else? We have not yet upgraded to 4.4 (we are waiting for our annual scheduled shutdown at the end of March to do it), and so are still running on 4.3. Any help or input?

I've tried moving them both ways (by editing the forum settings parent forum, and by dragging to reorder) and both times it seems to have caused issue. I turned the board offline altogether and waited a bit and tried again. It's tentatively working now? (or, it could just be that there's nothing left to move!) With a little more looking, it seems as if there was at least some sort of pattern (subforums were at least moved together), and it was to a group of forums more towards the bottom of the board (ie, forums A,B, C were moved into forums X,Y,Z, but not necessarily in the correct order). 

I'm tentatively hopeful that this was a random hiccup that won't happen again, but....it was weird and very scary! Any ideas what might have caused it? Or has it happened to anyone before?

Archived