Marketplace Request

CodingJungle

I am not sure why this happens, as it only appears to happen to mac users and i am not even sure if it happens to other developers. however i get a PM once or twice a week from  mac user that goes to extract the zip of my apps, and it will extract the contents of the tar file inside the zip as well. so they end up without having a "tar".

It made sense in 3.x to zip up the apps, but it doesn't really make that much sense here. most of the time, i just include a "how to install" text with the zips, and even then it is usually just "this installs just like any other IPS app, no additional requirements".

I would much rather there be a section, like for support info, that is specifically like "Guides" or something like that. where i can link to How to guides or offer an attachment or put any additional information. this way i can just upload the tar or xml itself without zipping it up first.

In the meantime, i think i will just attach a "readme.txt" with the upload, but it would be nice if it had a dedicated spot in the download

32 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

I am not sure why this happens, as it only appears to happen to mac users and i am not even sure if it happens to other developers. however i get a PM once or twice a week from  mac user that goes to extract the zip of my apps, and it will extract the contents of the tar file inside the zip as well. so they end up without having a "tar".

It made sense in 3.x to zip up the apps, but it doesn't really make that much sense here. most of the time, i just include a "how to install" text with the zips, and even then it is usually just "this installs just like any other IPS app, no additional requirements".

I would much rather there be a section, like for support info, that is specifically like "Guides" or something like that. where i can link to How to guides or offer an attachment or put any additional information. this way i can just upload the tar or xml itself without zipping it up first.

In the meantime, i think i will just attach a "readme.txt" with the upload, but it would be nice if it had a dedicated spot in the download

We're going to make some similar (although not exactly what you're describing) changes in this area quite soon (in fact downloads 4.4. had some custom field changes specifically to make this possible).

Archived