Redirect old XenForo URLs

Weeters

This past weekend, our community switched from XenForo back to Invision Community (which we were on up until a few years ago.) I looked around and everything seemed to indicate that old XenForo URLs would automatically be redirected to their Invision counterpart, however that is not currently the case. Old URLs simply dump users back to the site homepage.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of guidance on how to make sure URL redirects after conversions are working, and what to do if they're not. Did I miss something? Is there a setting I'm not seeing that I need to flip on? 

Just now, Aiwa said:

Is the converter all enabled? 

Did you set up the .htaccess redirects the converter provided? 

The converter app is enabled. When was it supposed to give me a .htaccess file? I ran the converter 2-3 times as a test prior to actual conversion and don't recall it ever offering me one. 

The converter application does not require any special .htaccess file, but you must be using friendly URLs in the software (which is the default out of the box).

Also, make sure you don't have any other special .htaccess commands that may be conflicting with ours. e.g. if you have .htaccess rules that match your URLs (before our generic rule kicks in), this might be why the request isn't routed correctly.

If all else fails, feel free to submit a ticket.

Archived