Comments on Pages Articles Not Visible but got Notification

sadams101

Any idea why article comments would send me a notification that a comment is there, but then when I click on the notification the comment isn't there? I see it in the moderator CP, but not in the page. Is there some delay, and if so, what setting changes this?

PS - Strangely I can open a different browser and see the comment. This is happening in the latest Chrome desktop browser, and it seems to be some sort of caching issue.

No, we send all page requests with no-cache headers, so pages should not be caching in your browser unless (1) you're using some sort of caching proxy (i.e. Varnish) that isn't honoring the no-cache headers, or (2) your browser is somehow (maybe with a browser plugin) not respecting no-cache headers.

As a guest, we serve cached pages at times, but you wouldn't be getting a notification if you're a guest so I'm assuming that's not the issue.

To give a bit more detail, this was also happened at the same time on my iphone in the Safari browser. I am not running any plugins that would cause this, at least as far a I know. It only occurred with article comments, and only when several came in during a short time period. So, for example, I visited the article's comments and approved them, then got a notification that there were more comments to approve. When I went to the same article the second time, the newest ones were not visible, and I kept getting the notification that there were two new comments to approve on that article. The only solution was to fully clear the cache in both desktop and iphone browsers.

Archived