Is it possible to add images to other people's albums?

DChiuch

Is it possible to configure a gallery category so that users with gallery moderation abilities can add images into albums owned by other people? I can't work out how to do this. Even as an unrestricted admin, it's not letting me do this on my community.

I'm afraid there's no option/setting to enable this by default. It's generally up to the album owner to decide if they want to allow others to submit to their albums.

Without knowing the specifics of your site, you may be better off using categories and subcategories (instead of albums), which give the administrator the control over who can submit, rather than the album owner.

There were Gallery moderator permissions in previous versions however (staff may correct me if I'm wrong here) the reason they are not there now is it was a potential source of confusion to use them as it was possible (via a user error, nothing amiss in the software) to incorrectly set them up to cause odd concerns such as a single regular member 'appearing' to have full gallery control.

1 hour ago, AndyF said:

There were Gallery moderator permissions in previous versions however (staff may correct me if I'm wrong here) the reason they are not there now is it was a potential source of confusion to use them as it was possible (via a user error, nothing amiss in the software) to incorrectly set them up to cause odd concerns such as a single regular member 'appearing' to have full gallery control.

I forgot my screenshot! :blush:

gallery_mod.thumb.png.a04f80e32d814b6ddb2bd353dbd64087.png

To be fair as I indicated previously these options could be a source of confusion, as unless you knew where to look for them specifically it was quite easy to accidentally assign someone to have far more permissions than intended, regardless of their other rights/group permissions...

All I'm really saying here is do not disagree with these not being present. 🙂 (for a long time iirc)

Archived