Moderator permissions question

Hello everyone,

i would like to ask if there exist any option to limit moderator access to various functions of modCP as well of warning system. While i was using IPB 3.4.x moderator was able to see reports only from places that he was able to moderate as well as he was able to give warnings only in place where he had moderator access. I would like to see that feature in 4.2.x / 4.3.x because right now there doesn't seem to be option to do that.

The reality was, moderators could use the warn system globally in 3.x as well (although we may have "hid" it a bit more, but all they had to do was adjust the URL in most cases if they knew what they were doing).

In short, warning a user is tied to the moderator, not the forums. A moderator can warn members, or not. But there is no way to restrict this on a per-forum basis, as warnings aren't explicitly tied to content within a forum.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:17 PM, bfarber said:

The reality was, moderators could use the warn system globally in 3.x as well (although we may have "hid" it a bit more, but all they had to do was adjust the URL in most cases if they knew what they were doing).

In short, warning a user is tied to the moderator, not the forums. A moderator can warn members, or not. But there is no way to restrict this on a per-forum basis, as warnings aren't explicitly tied to content within a forum.

Would love to see that feature in future release, While "you own" large community with "permissions" shaped per category or forum within category it's necessery to don't allow "low ranked" moderators to warn everywhere.

Archived