Restore the SparkPost API Please

TDBF

I have used SparkPost since IPB introduced the API and I have never had any issues up until you wrongly (IMHO) decided to remove it. I feel that I am being punished because other people have had minor issues or because the development team had a bad experience with the Sparkpost developers.

I tried using SMTP with my SparkPark post details, but this caused lag issues when sending out emails for notification etc (There was a massive lag when creating posts in a large topic with many followers or reply notifications) and this caused a lot of duplicate posts. I don't want o use PHPmailer because we have issues with that in the past, and I don't want to use the others Mail API because they do not suit my needs.

I wouldn't care less if you put in a disclaimer stating the issues that could arise from using the API, and I am sure I am not the only person who would like this to this return as part of the suite.

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 2:17 PM, TDBF said:

I have used SparkPost since IPB introduced the API and I have never had any issues up until you wrongly (IMHO) decided to remove it. I feel that I am being punished because other people have had minor issues or because the development team had a bad experience with the Sparkpost developers.

I tried using SMTP with my SparkPark post details, but this caused lag issues when sending out emails for notification etc (There was a massive lag when creating posts in a large topic with many followers or reply notifications) and this caused a lot of duplicate posts. I don't want o use PHPmailer because we have issues with that in the past, and I don't want to use the others Mail API because they do not suit my needs.

I wouldn't care less if you put in a disclaimer stating the issues that could arise from using the API, and I am sure I am not the only person who would like this to this return as part of the suite.

Spot on... I don't understand why this feature needed to be taken away and now users have to pay for it from other developers. 

Archived