Setting guidance for photos/profiles

Wren

Hi,

I'm trying to set up our forum and feeling confused with some of our settings, and this is after looking at the various guides.

Currently we have the smallest plan that only gives 5GB space which doesn't sound like much - so how do people work out what to put for settings that use up this space like attachments, albums, galleries, profile pictures etc

I've turned off some of these features but want members to be able to at least have the profile pictures and cover photos - is anyone able to give some input on how to work out what to put for these?

ArECMHU.png

Thanks for any help - it's much appreciated (and needed)

42 minutes ago, Wren said:

Currently we have the smallest plan that only gives 5GB space which doesn't sound like much - so how do people work out what to put for settings that use up this space like attachments, albums, galleries, profile pictures etc

You connect with Amazon Web Services for S3 storage, which allows for unlimited storage on a pay-what-you-use plan. 

In the beginning, I would encourage you to be more generous since users are going to be turned off if they can't do certain things.  You can disable animated profile photos which will cut off GIFs, which tend to be larger sizes.    

Archived