Upgrading to 4.2.9 and not 4.3.1

TDBF

I want to update my forum to 4.2.9 before I tackle the upgrade to 4.3.1, however I get an error when doing so:

Some source files are not correct for the latest version. If you uploaded the files to your server manually, the process may have failed or not completed yet, or a new version may have been released since you downloaded. Download latest version from your client area and upload the files again in order to continue.

I assumed that since you have 4.2.9 available, I would be able to upgrade to this version before downloading 4.3.1 and upgrading to the latest version.

I have copied all the correct files for 4.2.9 and I feel like I am being forced to upgrade to a version I do not want to just yet. Is this the case?

If you downloaded from here on IPS, you downloaded 4.3.1. 4.2.9 is only available to update through the ACP update system. If you already uploaded the 4.3 files, revert them back to 4.2.8 and run the updater in the ACP to go to 4.2.9. If you have the Beta variable set in constants.php, it'll also load 4.3.

1 minute ago, AlexWright said:

If you downloaded from here on IPS, you downloaded 4.3.1. 4.2.9 is only available to update through the ACP update system. If you already uploaded the 4.3 files, revert them back to 4.2.8 and run the updater in the ACP to go to 4.2.9. If you have the Beta variable set in constants.php, it'll also load 4.3.

I was upgrading from 4.2.7 to 4.2.9.

I downloaded the (4.2.9) files from the client area, and uploaded to my server.

Thanks,

4 minutes ago, TDBF said:

I was upgrading from 4.2.7 to 4.2.9.

I downloaded the (4.2.9) files from the client area, and uploaded to my server.

Thanks,

If you downloaded anything at all today or yesterday (maybe as far back as wednesday) from the client area, it's 4.3.

Edit: the only way to get that error message is to have uploaded 4.3, as it's still considered the beta release iirc. Thus the message.

Just now, AlexWright said:

If you downloaded anything at all today or yesterday (maybe as far back as wednesday) from the client area, it's 4.3.

If that is the case, the 4.2.9 version shouldn't be available to download?

11 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Open constants.php in your root directory and add 

define( 'UPGRADE_MD5_CHECK', false );

Presently the MD5 check is comparing your file set against the latest release (4.3.1.) hence the message.

It would probably also be wise for @TDBF to remember to remove it after the upgrade is complete. 

Archived