Server errors

ibaker

I have just purchased the IPS suite and will be converting over from Xenforo. I have a dedicated server that has 6 domains of which 2 of them currently have XF installations.

I am not a server admin person.

I have installed a test copy of IPS and are seeing these 3 error notices in the IPS Dashboard:

open_basedir not enabled

The open_basedir PHP configuration option is not enabled, which may be a security risk on shared hosting environments. We recommend setting it to your webroot and temporary directory. If you do not manage your server yourself, your hosting provider will be able to assist with this.

Dangerous PHP Functions Enabled

We recommend disabling the following functions on your server, or at least in the directory that your community is installed in. If you do not manage your server yourself, your hosting provider will be able to assist with this.
popen, proc_open

Public Display of PHP Errors Enabled

The display_errors PHP configuration option is currently enabled on your server, which is not recommended for production environments and we recommend disabling it. If you do not manage your server yourself, your hosting provider will be able to assist with this.

Can anyone advise:

1. Should I be concerned

2. If I fix these would it impact my server in a negative way on my other installed apps and domains. I mean I have to ask the question why was my server set up this way in the first place?

3. Is there any "very simple" instructions on how to fix if I need to fix them...I can access the server through putty but not sure how to use and also flashfxp app

Thanks for any help

1. It depends on what other security measures are in place.

2. Again, it depends on how things are set up currently.

3. The easiest way, if you aren't sure of what you are doing, is to ask someone who does.

As someone who was recently in this position, I highly -highly- recommend getting a trained admin. @ASTRAPI was and is a fantastic person for this. Maybe he can offer more insights, but we have no regrets in hiring him to handle our entire server infrastructure. 

Cheers!

Archived