Access To A Single Topic

Bill Edwards

Dear All

I have a forum that is limited to a certain group of members. I want to grant one member, who isn't a member of that group,  access to that forum but only have access to one topic, and not have access the other topics.

I appreciate it is a somewhat bizarre request and I can't immediately think of a way of achieving it.

The only way I can see is to create a private forum, just allow that one member access and then re-create the topic I want him to see.

Can anyone think of a more elegant way of achieving my aim?

Many Thanks

Bill

28 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

Dear All

I have a forum that is limited to a certain group of members. I want to grant one member, who isn't a member of that group,  access to that forum but only have access to one topic, and not have access the other topics.

I appreciate it is a somewhat bizarre request and I can't immediately think of a way of achieving it.

The only way I can see is to create a private forum, just allow that one member access and then re-create the topic I want him to see. 

Can anyone think of a more elegant way of achieving my aim? 

Many Thanks

Bill

Maybe one such idea
- Select and hide all topics in this forum, without the one you want your member to see
- Allow members with access to this forum to see hidden posts (Content_Viewing_Highlight replies)
- Create a new group with access to this forum without the right to see hidden posts
- Include this member who wants to see this topic, this new group as secondary
He will only see this topic.

Archived