Marketplace: Try before Buy

We have purchased a few themes, plugins and apps from the Marketplace but we're finding cost is adding up and some items purchased we ended up not using.

We'd like to test out more things but there does not appear to be any way to "try before you buy", meaning, only way to test is to purchase, and then eat cost (no refund).  Is this correct or am I missing something?

Correct.  There is no "try before you buy"

I end up only actively using 1/3 of what I purchase from the MP due to a variety of issues (I voluntarily don't use, I found a better solution, I don't need anymore, file not updated, file deprecated because of IPS feature).  

If you're very keen on a file, most of the better developers can setup a demo or can provide a live demo of the more complex apps or themes.  Sometimes it's just a matter of seeing more screenshots.  

I would recommend contacting the author for a demo before purchase. While the admin cp may not be something you are allowed to access, you can certainly ask for additional information to ensure the resource meets your needs. 

I have demos running for active applications and some beta applications on my site. Users are welcome to register and try out the front end experience. 

Archived