Banner Ads too Large on Mobile

Michael Brown_52303

Looking for a solution for banner ads... adsense responsive ads don't pay hardly anything (they are lame) and the 728x90 ads hold the window open on mobile and mess up the mobile menu slide out making it hard to sign in etc..

Is there something simple I can do to show a different size ads on mobile and still have the big one for desktop or do I need to write a ton of code for this?

Thanks...

23 minutes ago, Michael Brown_52303 said:

Looking for a solution for banner ads... adsense responsive ads don't pay hardly anything (they are lame) and the 728x90 ads hold the window open on mobile and mess up the mobile menu slide out making it hard to sign in etc..

Is there something simple I can do to show a different size ads on mobile and still have the big one for desktop or do I need to write a ton of code for this?

Thanks...

Add a span class hiding it on mobiles then another one to show a mobile version

<span class="ipsResponsive_hidePhone">
  YOUR 720x90 CODE
</span>

<span class="ipsResponsive_showPhone">
  YOUR MOBILE VERSION 320 x 50 CODE
</span>

that way it will show the 720 x 90 on desktop and tablets ( tablets should be ok with 720 ) then on mobiles it will hide the 720 and show the 320

You really can't use the show/hide as suggested. Adsense will ban you for using CSS to hide an ad on the page. You're only real "simple" option is to stick with adsense responsive ads.  If you load 2 ads (and use the CSS to show/hide them) - adsense will ban your account for making ad requests that are hidden by the CSS. 

Your only other option is to switch to an ad server like DFP small business (which is free) and use that to serve your adsense in the sizes you want. But, that will require a bit of setup more than just dropping adsense ad units on the page. 

These links will help you get started:

https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/1670087?hl=en

https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/3423562?hl=en

Archived