Does Invision even do this?

BANPAS

We have 2 types of members who can access our memberpress site
Paying members and non-paying members.
We allow the non-paying members to access a very limited section of  the site, but they can see all the resources (not content)  they are  missing out on by not being a member.
We have a menu link to our Community Forum  in our memberpress site.
Because a free non-paying member has been given a login access to the site, they can see the menu link AND they can see all of the boards.

I have tried so many workarounds by assigning user roles that then talk to groups but the fact they have a login is giving them access to the board.
It is driving me insane!

Is it operator error or does this functionality not exist??

If it does exist, can someone help???
At this point, I'm willing to pay someone to set it up for me

All paid membership products assign a user role in memberpress of Forum Access which then speaks to the forum  access group

image.thumb.png.8db6f5283602d8a81948b6c60ab536a8.png

image.thumb.png.6a7bcac3d30ad4ed60a317d00aa3aa76.png

But if I log in as a non paying member with no membership and no user role assigned

image.thumb.png.b255a65b87cb514308a5525218dcf6fa.png

I get put into the Forum Access group !!!
Just by logging in to the memberpress site

image.thumb.png.b1b8f1c8d531151f7f7d8461f666bc45.png

How do I stop this happening?

@-FP

OMG I think  you might have just solved it for me!

Oh then maybe assign an Invision group to that non paying membership, and limit the forum access for that group as I said above, by module. Or by forums if you want them to see the categories but not read the topics for instance.

@-FP

Nope.  That's not resolving it.

It's something to do with a person having a memberpress login.
Invision assumes that everyone with a memberpress login is allowed to see the boards.
I cannot stop Invision just putting someone who doesn't have any user roles assigned by Memberpress into the Forum Access group

I can't even remove the menu link for people to click, because as long as you know the forum  URL, you get the option to sign in

image.thumb.png.b9c912534b5aa0a658b58fa4102fdb7d.png

So all Invision wants is a memberpress login -  doesn't care what user roles are just to give access

Just now, -FP said:

I see. I don't know how memberpress works... maybe you need to find a way to assign a role to these people in memberpress just so then you can tell Invision to add them to a certain group without forum access.

That's my point - Invision is overruling any roles I assign in Memberpress because as long as someone has a memberpress login, Invision is giving them access to the Member's group.

11 minutes ago, BANPAS said:

All paid membership products assign a user role in memberpress of Forum Access which then speaks to the forum  access group

image.thumb.png.8db6f5283602d8a81948b6c60ab536a8.png

image.thumb.png.6a7bcac3d30ad4ed60a317d00aa3aa76.png

But if I log in as a non paying member with no membership and no user role assigned

image.thumb.png.b255a65b87cb514308a5525218dcf6fa.png

I get put into the Forum Access group !!!
Just by logging in to the memberpress site

image.thumb.png.b1b8f1c8d531151f7f7d8461f666bc45.png

How do I stop this happening?

@-FP

OMG I think  you might have just solved it for me!

If you're using a WordPress SSO integration, it sounds like the user groups may not be mapping correctly.  I would encourage you to reach out to the developer of your integration for assistance.  

What do you mean by a developer of our integration?

We bought memberpress as a plugin
We bought IPS board from Invision and then used the SSO plugin

I have followed all the tutorials I have found and it's not working?
We don't have a developer

That's why I asked if it's even possible

6 minutes ago, BANPAS said:

You mean the SSO plugin

Hmm, I'll give it a go.

I have a feeling though that it is tied to people having a memberpress login 

@stoo2000 can you help - is this something the SSO plugin can do?

Yes, I would say a majority of my customers use it for this very purpose, with a membership type addon in WordPress.

Please register here: https://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com and click the 'support' tab at the top of the page to open a support ticket (I'll likely need some credentials to look into the issue)

3 minutes ago, stoo2000 said:

Yes, I would say a majority of my customers use it for this very purpose, with a membership type addon in WordPress.

Please register here: https://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com and click the 'support' tab at the top of the page to open a support ticket (I'll likely need some credentials to look into the issue)

Done!  Thank you

Archived