IPB Development Services

DesignzShop

Been a long time since this has been brought up but what the hay, I will again because I feel the situation is very needed and has almost become dire.

Could IPB please consider creating development services?
Could IPB Consider hiring someone to do dev services that has extensive knowledge of the framework?
Please consider setting up a way we could submit what we need for and a cost rebuttal.

Really getting old being blamed for things that's others issues. For almost 3 years now every bad plugin somehow has been my fault until of course it's found it's never been my theme. 3 years and never an issue with my themes. The back and forth and the blame game is a bit too much imo. Not to mention I'm really tired of having to debug and prove someone elses issues time and time again. I've lost so many hours debugging otters stuff, I'm just worn from it.

I understand maybe hiring a IPB Dev would cost a bit more but really, I'd pay it in a heart beat and gladly wait a turn.

On top of this I stopped giving referrals to devs a couple of months ago and need to have a solid knowledgeable dependable source that understands the framework entirely instead of in part.

I would go for consulting services also.

Just a thoiught
Thanks

1 hour ago, DesignzShop said:

I understand maybe hiring a IPB Dev would cost a bit more but really, I'd pay it in a heart beat and gladly wait a turn.

IPS already offers custom design services, but it starts at $850. Given that, custom development services would cost a heck of a lot more. Their pricing is more suited for enterprise customers. I actually think that IPS already offers custom development services for enterprise customers, but I may be wrong.

I have a lot of requests asking about who I'd recommend for a dev for custom development work. Not theme work, but actual code/framework/plugins etc.. work. If IPB had a more flexible price range I'm positive that would cut down tremendously being asked and if asked I'd have a reputable source to refer them too. Quality work also would cut down on issues with plugins/3rd party add-on issues too.

14 hours ago, DesignzShop said:

Been a long time since this has been brought up but what the hay, I will again because I feel the situation is very needed and has almost become dire.

Could IPB please consider creating development services?
Could IPB Consider hiring someone to do dev services that has extensive knowledge of the framework?
Please consider setting up a way we could submit what we need for and a cost rebuttal.

Really getting old being blamed for things that's others issues. For almost 3 years now every bad plugin somehow has been my fault until of course it's found it's never been my theme. 3 years and never an issue with my themes. The back and forth and the blame game is a bit too much imo. Not to mention I'm really tired of having to debug and prove someone elses issues time and time again. I've lost so many hours debugging otters stuff, I'm just worn from it.

On top of this I stopped giving referrals to devs a couple of months ago and need to have a solid knowledgeable dependable source that understands the framework entirely instead of in part.

I would go for consulting services also.

Just a thoiught
Thanks

Why don't you ask clients to confirm problem on default theme 

37 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Why don't you ask clients to confirm problem on default theme 

Of course that's one of the first steps. I know the procedure like the predictability of a novel. You can tell someone it's their issue however and sometimes they still say it's not their problem and it's still you.

Besides this, your client is the go between usually adding even more to the confusion sometimes.

Sometimes all people know is something does not work. Even trying to explain it's not you doesn't help them. And there's more,..

I simply want the best options for my clients with the best results to keep issues that are not mine down and leave the hassles behind as much as possible.

Archived