Custom Theme

BGL Justice V

Hey Folkes 

So I've had the pleasure of being made the head of media for the forum I work with. I'm currently making a custom theme and I have a few questions. 

1 - Currently for some reason I can only use colour gradients as a background, I would like to make the forum sections and title bars slightly transparent and have my own custom background image.

2 - I would like to add custom textures like metal or fire to the Title bars 

3 - Once I am done editing the theme how do I make it available to everyone on the forum currently for some reason only I can see it.

Secondary Question can somone post a link to the plugins so I can grab a roster or cms to make a roster 

I better let someone else answer regards Easy Mode as do not use it myself but by looks of it you would have to use the 'custom.css' to add those changes

customcss1.jpg.3a9e317d4982544216a2c77ca8a0f4ba.jpg

Might want to add any images to the 'Manage Resources (far right of theme name)

manage1.jpg.9de10d1efe1a3f498a1a646278d636a2.jpg

make sure you make a note of the image details to add to custom.css

e.g.

{resource="body_bg.jpg" app="core" location="custom"}

13 minutes ago, BGL Justice V said:

My main issue is when I do something to the theme like make the background a gradient and save it and then make it the default theme. If I look at the website it's just in solid grey and not a black and green gradient like I set in the editor 

Have you selected the correct theme from drop down menu when viewing forum

41 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Had a thought ... you are clicking the 'Build' tab ?

build1.jpg.f9f3de9b248abe50d388e547b5f18ed8.jpg

Then selecting the theme from drop down menu (at bottom of the page when viewing forum)

when editing the colours of my forum I need a bit of assistance 

on the main page it goes browse, then forum, then the home button, and then in black is the name of your forum. ( how do i change the name of my forum to white.

Also Im not sure if anyone is skilled enough to answer this (more than likely) but how would I take a picture off google and make it my forums background "Body"

as for the "Navigation bars"  "browse, activity, store etc" is there a way to say make these look like metal.... be made of fire.. .etc

1 hour ago, steve00 said:

Sorry but as mentioned ... better for someone who uses Easy Mode to answer than for me to just guess and waste your time with what ever I come up with

Do you know how to code things like what I need and where to put it ? you could just message me the code for how to make the body my own picture

14 hours ago, BGL Justice V said:

when editing the colours of my forum I need a bit of assistance 

on the main page it goes browse, then forum, then the home button, and then in black is the name of your forum. ( how do i change the name of my forum to white.

Also Im not sure if anyone is skilled enough to answer this (more than likely) but how would I take a picture off google and make it my forums background "Body"

as for the "Navigation bars"  "browse, activity, store etc" is there a way to say make these look like metal.... be made of fire.. .etc

Do you know how to code things like what I need and where to put it ? you could just message me the code for how to make the body my own picture

For the Forum color to be white then in custom.css add:

.ipsType_pageTitle {
  color: #fff;
}

for the navigation bar then you would need to add an image or use gradients (you would have to experiment in that area by creating the image or find one)

Regards image off google then be careful you are not infringing any copyright issues (may need to obtain the original authors permission to use)

Already mentioned how to add your own image as background

You might be better taking screenshots and posting them so we know what part referring to

3 hours ago, steve00 said:

.ipsType_pageTitle {
}

for the navigation bar then you would need to add an image or use gradients (you would have to experiment in that area by creating the image or find one)

Regards image off google then be careful you are not infringing any copyright issues (may need to obtain the original authors permission to use)

You might be better taking screenshots and posting them so we know what part referring to

I just said "image on google" as a way of saying like uploading a picture from the internet or a picture I own, I could of worded it better.

I will take a picture of what I mean for the nav bars and what I'm trying to do and upload it in a bit.

as for the .ipsType_pagetitle {

}

I would add that in the custom.css "anywhere?" or in a specific location

3 hours ago, steve00 said:

.ipsType_pageTitle {
}

Alright so that worked out perfect with the custom CSS so now I took pictures of what im trying to do.

- Area marked in red ; Would like the nav bars to have a texture similar to the other included image 

- Area marked in Green ; Wish to make white

- Area marked in blue ; make either red or white (most likely white)

" I know how to change the footer text colors.

@steve00

BGL forum Support.png

bgl example nav.png

for the blue and green boxes ... if want them all to be a white color then change the code you added into custom.css to:

.ipsType_pageTitle,
.ipsType_richText,
.ipsBreadcrumb > ul > li,
.ipsApp .ipsButton_link,
.ipsBreadcrumb [data-action="defaultStream"], 
.ipsBreadcrumb [data-action="markSiteRead"] {
}

for the navbar to have texture then need to create the textured image you want to use first

6 hours ago, BGL Justice V said:

Well now we have a whole new issue, the text on the page when I clickmoderator to go to the moderator control panel is all black and so is my background ???

Must be something you added yourself somewhere as I have only given code for text and for the text to be white.

Archived