Error Code EX1364, New Users Unable to Register

Taurus Owners

Hey all, my name is Sean. I am part of a group that started a community which now has 2600 members worldwide and over 100,000 posts on our forums. Unfortunately the member who started the community, and is the one who is a programmer, or knows anything about IPS or forums, has decided to step down as an admin. Nearly all responsibility has fallen on me and frankly, I have no idea what I am doing. Since February we have had the issue where new members are unable to register. I am also unable to manually add a new member.

Being that I am completely unfamiliar with running forums,  and our founding member has stepped down, I am here looking for someone who can help.

When I try to create a new member, I get the following response:

! EX1364 Something went wrong. Please try again.

INSERT INTO `ipb_core_members` ( `member_group_id`, `mgroup_others`, `joined`, `ip_address`, `timezone`, `allow_admin_mails`, `pp_photo_type`, `member_posts`, `pp_main_photo`, `pp_thumb_photo`, `failed_logins`, `mfa_details`, `pp_reputation_points`, `signature`, `auto_track`, `name`, `members_seo_name`, `email`, `language`, `skin`, `members_pass_salt`, `members_pass_hash` ) VALUES ( '3', '', 1501782812, '96.85.100.201', 'UTC', 1, '', 0, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, '', '{"content":0,"comments":0,"method":"immediate"}', 'Test_August_2017', 'test_august_2017', 'mew4383@gmail.com', '1', '0', '25PARTPEq45T4cgPLRYqCv', 'aPARTPEq45T4cgPLRYqCuC5WGM4NPK3s5S6ZDZ7oVjCkGrMs0Pam' )
IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'recenttopics_forums' doesn't have a default value (1364)
#0 /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/tsoc/public/system/Db/Db.php(808): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\_Member::...', Array)
#1 /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/tsoc/public/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(460): IPS\_Db->insert('core_members', Array)
#2 /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/tsoc/public/system/Member/Member.php(320): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/tsoc/public/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(863): IPS\_Member->save()
#4 /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/tsoc/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->add()
#5 /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/tsoc/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/tsoc/public/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

From what I've found on these forums, the important part of that message seems to be the following:

IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'recenttopics_forums' doesn't have a default value (1364)

However, I don't know where to even start to fix that. Our forum also needs an upgrade to 4.2.1 but I don't know how to run an update, or how to tell what version we are currently using.

Recent Topics, I assume refers to the top section of our home page, where the most recently updated 10 threads are displayed. I don't know how to turn that off, or how to tell what part of it is causing a problem. I've heard it can be related to SQL, but I am unfamiliar with that as well.

Please post if you can help, any help is appreciated! Thank you so much.

-Sean T.

"President" of Taurus and Sable Owners Club

TaurusOwners.com

It seems that you have an additional field in your members table which doesn't have a default value.
The easiest and safest solution would be to set a default value for the field. Or if you know what you're doing, just remove it from the database.

1. IPS has decent documentation on various aspects of the community, which can be an excellent start to understanding everything.  

2. Send in a support ticket for everything.  IPS is the best resource to help diagnose any problems on your community.  

Archived