Topic Icons: Change To Font Awesome

TDBF

I would personally prefer that we could use Font Awesome for Forum Topic Icons rather than uploading images.

Is there any chance we would have this implemented and give admins the choice between Icons or Font Awesome?

Thanks,

51 minutes ago, TDBF said:

I would personally prefer that we could use Font Awesome for Forum Topic Icons rather than uploading images.

Is there any chance we would have this implemented and give admins the choice between Icons or Font Awesome?

Thanks,

Topic icons are already FA.

Forum icons are also FA, and individual icons can be customized by adding a single line to custom.css

13 minutes ago, ehren. said:

Topic icons are already FA.

Forum icons are also FA, and individual icons can be customized by adding a single line to custom.css

What you are proposing is going into CSS and adding lines to override the CSS style that is already there. What I am proposing is being able to enter the font awesome code or selecting it from within the Forum Settings.

I don't have to go into CSS every time want to change a topic icon, I shouldn't need to do this for changing Font Awesome icons either.

I understand - but with that said, the lack of the FA setting shouldn't be stopping you from customizing your forum icons since it's currently possible and very easy to do :)

Changing forum icon's isn't something you'd do very often either. Once it's done, it's done. But I also understand this is simply a feedback/idea forum and your idea is valid, so I just thought I'd offer an alternative for the mean time.

23 minutes ago, ehren. said:

I understand - but with that said, the lack of the FA setting shouldn't be stopping you from customizing your forum icons since it's currently possible and very easy to do :)

Changing forum icon's isn't something you'd do very often either. Once it's done, it's done. But I also understand this is simply a feedback/idea forum and your idea is valid, so I just thought I'd offer an alternative for the mean time.

Just to let you know, I already use this method (In which you are suggesting) of changing FA icons. I just feel that editing CSS in the case is just a hack and not a real solution.

Cheers,

Archived