Remove "Insert other media" button

Genestoy

Disabling remote images may do it (but that may not be what you want) , you can remove it from the theme however but note I have not really tested this to any degree. I merely found it in the source and then in the templates and tried it quickly:

Themes > (choose) > Edit HTML / CSS > Core > Global > Forms > EditorAttachments

Find (about halfway down)

<li class='ipsPos_right ipsResponsive_noFloat'>
                            <a href='#' class='ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_verySmall' data-ipsMenu id='elEditorAttach_media{expression="md5($editorName)"}'>{lang="editor_attach_other"} <i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i></a>
                            <ul class='ipsMenu ipsMenu_auto ipsHide' id='elEditorAttach_media{expression="md5($editorName)"}_menu'>
                                <li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='#' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-fixed data-ipsDialog-forceReload data-ipsDialog-destructOnClose data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit='false' data-ipsDialog-remoteVerify='false' data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="editor_insert_existing_file"}' data-ipsDialog-url="{url="app=core&module=system&controller=editor&do=myMedia&postKey={$editor}&editorId={$editorName}" csrf="1"}">{lang="editor_insert_existing_file"}</a></li>
                                {{if \IPS\Settings::i()->allow_remote_images}}
                                    <li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='#' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-forceReload data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="editor_insert_from_url"}' data-ipsDialog-url="{url="app=core&module=system&controller=editor&do=link&image=1&postKey={$editor}&editorId={$editorName}" csrf="1"}">{lang="editor_insert_from_url"}</a></li>
                                {{endif}}
                            </ul>
                        </li>

Remove or comment out with a leading <!-- and a trailing --> on the first and last tags. Looks like this after:

edit_no_other.png

Thanks clearv

1 hour ago, clearvision said:

If you don't want to modify and maintain a template adding

.ipsComposeArea_dropZone .ipsPos_right {display:none;}

to custom.css should work

That did the trick and thanks to both of you for responding so quickly!!

Archived