Newbee

Captain Ginns

I'm studying xAPI and noticed that Rest API is available with IPS4.  Before you get frustrated with me: when I mean studying xAPI I mean just read a few articles and going to begin a deep dive.  But I was wondering, in the Admin section of IPS4 where it allows for setting up REST API...where is the "Do-It" button.  That might be soooo simplistic. Anyway, don't mean to waste your time but if you have extra, thanks.

Ivan

when you go to Rest API in the acp under system, it will ask you to download and upload a file to /api, there are other directions that i wont go into detail. from there, once the file is uploaded, click "continue" and it will present you with a new area, on one the first tab is "API Keys" and from there you create a new one and the API should be ready to roll. remember to be sure to assign endpoint permissions for the key, or none of it will work :) 

you'll need these for the IPS apps, and you will need to get them for any third party app/plugin ( you can use my app https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8266-storm-dev-tools/ to generate those files, its better than hunting them all down :) )

once you get them and upload the IPS dev files, and generate/upload the ones for your third party stuff, all you will need to do is create a constatnts.php and add this line to it:

<?php

define( 'IN_DEV', true );

and then to disable it:

<?php

define( 'IN_DEV', false );

Archived