Dates and Times: Annoyances

TDBF

Something that should be very simple to do or change for any admin and yet IPS makes a complete and utter hash out of it....... is Dates and Times.

I have never known any Forum or CMS that makes users just through hoops to setup what should be something simple. I don't want to edit language strings, I don't want Short dates, Long Dates, Dates with the Year missing or USA specific dates. To make matters worse, Dates and Times across applications don't even show the way you want them or are shown inconstantly.

I want a very specific way of showing the date and time on my forum and website, for example: 23rd July 2016 16:00. But, because IPS wants to be 'clever' about it and forces certain dates and times on me that I just do not want. I really do not want to start modifying code just to get Dates & Times to show the way I 'want' them.

I just don't understand what is so hard about giving users a simple choice in the ACP in a simple way. For example:

wp-date-time-settings.png

Will you please give us the ability to change setting in the ACP like we had in version 3.14, for things like Server time, local time, dates and time, server compression etc etc.

Archived