Email informing about login change

Tomasz Konopka

26 minutes ago, knightsystems said:

I would use the Bulk Mail feature for this but please do it manually in batches. If something times out when bulk mail is sending, the process start over and over again. (we had like 10  identical E-Mails in one e-Mail Account because of this software problem)

If "something" being either your server or mail server then it's not fault of software (ips). Why not utilize SparkPost and it'll handle your bulk mail and if it needs to batch on their end they'll take care of it.

But the timeouts are a server issue.

2 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

If "something" being either your server or mail server then it's not fault of software (ips). Why not utilize SparkPost and it'll handle your bulk mail and if it needs to batch on their end they'll take care of it.

But the timeouts are a server issue.

well, we are using sparkpost for this. But you're true it's not a software problem.

IPS Support said on this:  This is not a software issue, but we do absolutely need to account for it on a software level and we are working on doing so. 

On 10/31/2016 at 5:44 PM, texterted said:

Well, scratch that idea, there doesn't even seem to be a Validating group anymore!

They'll probably call it a feature!

Instead of a group it's a flag instead. One the account has been validated it doesn't make sense to revalidate unless it was an email change.

On 31.10.2016 at 8:12 PM, knightsystems said:

I would use the Bulk Mail feature for this but please do it manually in batches.

Hi, thanks for suggestion but this does not help me. I would have to create a bulk email for every instance of changing display name. Moreover, I can't put "old username" and "new username" so the user sees the change.

In v3.x after changing any display name via ACP I could choose to inform the user about it. Why they removed it, I have no idea, but it is a downside.

1 hour ago, Krystian Bergmann said:

In v3.x after changing any display name via ACP I could choose to inform the user about it.

Doesn't seem very nice to force change a set username unless it's violating some rule or something.

1 hour ago, Krystian Bergmann said:

Why they removed it, I have no idea, but it is a downside.

Probably because previously the user had 2 usernames to maintain, but now they have just the one. To me it wouldn't make sense to email a user over a name change, since in most cases they change it themselves (permissions applied)

On 3.11.2016 at 9:30 PM, MADMAN32395 said:

Doesn't seem very nice to force change a set username unless it's violating some rule or something.

I want to change usernames of my moderators, other staff and users that require a specific format of a username. It would be a lot easier for them to simply receive an automatic notification about the change. And a lot easier for me, because I have to change about 60 usernames :(

Archived