Gallery image sorting

GarethM

In one of my Gallery categories I've set the default sorting order to 'Title', however upon viewing the category the images are not being sorted by title, but instead I think they're being sorted by the image name part of the image url. Is this a bug or is that how it is supposed to work? When in the category view, if I sort by title it sorts them correctly...

Also, is there no option to choose ascending or descending for the default sorting order?

2 hours ago, GarethM said:

In one of my Gallery categories I've set the default sorting order to 'Title', however upon viewing the category the images are not being sorted by title, but instead I think they're being sorted by the image name part of the image url. Is this a bug or is that how it is supposed to work? When in the category view, if I sort by title it sorts them correctly...

Also, is there no option to choose ascending or descending for the default sorting order?

That's how it's supposed to work.  Because IPS thinks butchering the image titles is both okay and how we really want images to be sorted.

No ascending or descending.  

Archived