Upgraded to v4 .. Articles Database Template is a Mess

JTrollerb123

Hi, I am navigating to my articles database following the upgrade to IPB 4 .. but the templates seem totally off.  When I go to templates, I can see templates available (2 column, 3 column etc), but when I go to the database and try to select any of those templates .. Only default template names are available such as "Category Listing" "Display" "Form" etc... What am I  doing wrong?  Does IPB4 not ship with a decent template right out of the box?  Surprised.

Thanks

On 2. September 2016 at 11:15 PM, JTrollerb123 said:

Only default template names are available such as "Category Listing" "Display" "Form" etc... What am I  doing wrong?

Nothing in that area. You will only see the templates made for the specific use. The other templates you mentioned are for the database index in article mode only. 

On 2. September 2016 at 11:15 PM, JTrollerb123 said:

Does IPB4 not ship with a decent template right out of the box?  Surprised.

They aren’t needed anymore, because you can define the layout yourself. The number of columns is a settings of the page the database is on and what is on the page can be set via drag&drop of blocks. Make sure your page is set to Page Builder mode to use this feature. 

Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-04 um 08.27.09.png

So it took a while to figure out that you can only use Page Builder for NEW pages created .. couldnt seem to convert my previously built page (from non page builder) .. so i created a new page, dropped in the database using page builder, and it seems to have worked which is great.  Thank you!

Now I'm trying to understand why even though I now have the article thumbnails on the page index page, why do the sub category pages still show the articles in list/format structure?   Cant find a setting anywhere to modify the look of the subcategory listings, am I missing something?

Also I noticed the size of the main article images when reading an article (full length dedicated to each topic), has reduced from IPB 3 to 4.  How do you resize the articles?

54 minutes ago, JTrollerb123 said:

Now I'm trying to understand why even though I now have the article thumbnails on the page index page, why do the sub category pages still show the articles in list/format structure?   Cant find a setting anywhere to modify the look of the subcategory listings, am I missing something?

You are not the first to wonder/complain about that. But there is no option to change that. You would have to manually create a listing template that looks like the article mode index template you are using. 

Archived