Registration eMail customization

Savagebeard

32 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

ACP - Customization - Emails

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I have already found what you mentioned, but I have no idea how to adjust the text that people receive from here, when I click to edit, it just gives me a lot of HTML text which I don't understand, isn't this section just for how the Email looks like and not what is written? 

Maybe there is some kind of guide that can explain how it works otherwise? 

That page only deals with the styling of the different email templates. To change the actual text you should use the translation system

You do this from Customziation -> Localization -> Languages. Just editing the default language pack will probably be fine. Click the globe icon on the right to start "translating" the language pack. There is a handy search field on the right you can use. Search for phrases or words you know is in the text to find the ones you'll need to translated. Be advised though that some text may be "scattered" around in more language strings than you would think and some language strings will also contain "special codes" that gets replaced with content like item titles. 

In this case you can use the email template section to help you find the keys for the strings you'll most likely want to translate too. I'm not exactly sure on the relevant template here, but if you go to edit "Registration validation" in ACP - Customization - Emails, then you can see some code like: 

{$email->language->addToStack("email_registration_validate", FALSE)}
<br /><br />

<table width='100%' cellpadding='15' cellspacing='0' border='0' style='background: #f9f9f9;'>

Here you can see a language string with the key email_registration_validate, and then it's just a matter of searching for that key in the translation section for the language. 

Skjermbilde 2016-08-26 kl. 02.01.08.png

7 hours ago, TSP said:

That page only deals with the styling of the different email templates. To change the actual text you should use the translation system

You do this from Customziation -> Localization -> Languages. Just editing the default language pack will probably be fine. Click the globe icon on the right to start "translating" the language pack. There is a handy search field on the right you can use. Search for phrases or words you know is in the text to find the ones you'll need to translated. Be advised though that some text may be "scattered" around in more language strings than you would think and some language strings will also contain "special codes" that gets replaced with content like item titles. 

In this case you can use the email template section to help you find the keys for the strings you'll most likely want to translate too. I'm not exactly sure on the relevant template here, but if you go to edit "Registration validation" in ACP - Customization - Emails, then you can see some code like: 

{$email->language->addToStack("email_registration_validate", FALSE)}
<br /><br />

<table width='100%' cellpadding='15' cellspacing='0' border='0' style='background: #f9f9f9;'>

Here you can see a language string with the key email_registration_validate, and then it's just a matter of searching for that key in the translation section for the language. 

Skjermbilde 2016-08-26 kl. 02.01.08.png

Hello,

Thank you very very much for the detailed explanation!!

Managed to make it work with you instructions! :D 

Archived