Upload File Size Limit

JTHastings

When trying to upload a new theme (2.6MB xml file) I get the following error and I do not see anywhere that I can change this setting/limitation. The PHP upload file size is set to 30MB and the group settings is set to unlimited....can anyone direct me to the proper setting that might control this?

2016-08-18_21-18-35.png

Depends oh your hosting.

Shared: Good luck but probably the company will not adjust those settings. You might be one of the lucky ones where they have enabled custom php ini's for user accounts.

VPS/Dedicated: Edit php.ini, restart Apache (or Nginx or Litespeed, etc..)

Location of the file will depend on a bunch of stuff. If you have cPanel on your machine I think (?) you can edit php.ini from there but it's been years since I've used cPanel so...

sorry, got it fixed! In the services I'm running the actual file name should be .user.ini (not php5.ini) AND with my test configuration it needs to be in the public directory as well as my subdomain directory I have set up for testing. (The original support guy gave me bad info!)

I just verified that the change in settings has worked and it now shows up in the phpinfo page.

Thank you for your assist! It was most helpful!

Archived