Problem with migration

Gil Ronen

Im trying to convert my vBuleltin forum to IPB 4, I used the convertor and all the content that wasnt english(hebrew) was gibbrish(user fields, post, user names, forums) and member pages doesnt work.

Anyone had the same problem and knows how to fix it?

Sounds like a character set issue. What character set did your database use on the vBulletin-system? Character set issues are not necessarily the easiest to pinpoint, so it may be best to try and submit a support ticket if you are in the process of setting up your IPS installation.

I'm not sure if/how IPS handles character sets in the converter. But IPS 4 requires the end result to be UTF-8 at least. 

8 hours ago, TSP said:

Sounds like a character set issue. What character set did your database use on the vBulletin-system? Character set issues are not necessarily the easiest to pinpoint, so it may be best to try and submit a support ticket if you are in the process of setting up your IPS installation.

I'm not sure if/how IPS handles character sets in the converter. But IPS 4 requires the end result to be UTF-8 at least. 

latin1_swedish_ci, I have a support ticket, I posted a topic to see if someone in the community can help me faster. 

The support gave me a convertor but it has issues.

Archived