August 2, 2016 in Technical Problems
I am pretty new to hosting an IP.Board software on a server I actually own.
Managing IP.B has been easy for me when it comes to Admin CP, however getting everything to properly work has been a fun challenge so far.
Ok, so since it kept showing the IP address in the URL bar when I typed in the domain address, I had to edit the conf_global.php file and had to change the 'base_url' to the domain name.
All went fine and well with that and it now shows the domain instead of IP in the address bar.
Not his is where things got weird immediately for me. All the places where it showed, in my view, images, it just showed squares.
I attached two images below to show what I mean.
Clearing the cache usually resolves this problem.
Go to ACP > System > Support > Something isn't working correctly > Continue.
It will clear the cache for you and that should be your problem sorted.
Just as you posted this, I found a plugin that allows me to do it at the click of a button. Thanks a lot for the reply!
If people are interested, this is the plugin I used:
I was going to recommend that plugin to you once you'd confirmed that clearing the cache worked!
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
Started November 25
Started 5 hours ago
Started Sunday at 04:33 PM