PayPal & Recurring Payments & Cancellations

TheEnd-

Howdy,

I am using IP Commerce. I have configured a product in my store that costs $5 a month. When a member buys, it changes their user group from member to subscriber. If, however, the member cancels their recurring payment in PayPal - I receive no money (on PayPal) but IPB still thinks they paid and promotes them. What's happening?

If you have the package set to return the user to the original member group once the term expires, it should do so. If a user cancels the billing agreement it should also notify comerce (you) and if not paid by the expiration date, the package will expire (moving them back to the original group)

If that is not happening, please ensure you are on the latest version of our software, and submit a ticket and we can look further.

29 minutes ago, Rhett said:

If you have the package set to return the user to the original member group once the term expires, it should do so. If a user cancels the billing agreement it should also notify comerce (you) and if not paid by the expiration date, the package will expire (moving them back to the original group)

If that is not happening, please ensure you are on the latest version of our software, and submit a ticket and we can look further.

Thank you for the reply, Rhett.

I should add that I created a new PayPal account for this and PayPal has a new "system" where if you have a business account with them (which I setup for this purpose) they withold your funds because you are new.

Since these funds are held - would a customer who cancels a recurring payment be automatically "refunded" the funds since I don't actually get them in my PayPal account for 21 days? Is this a PayPal issue, perhaps?

Archived