Went and did a stupid thing.

pilotguy

Alright so I was in a bit of a rush this morning to get some things done.  I installed the most up-to-date version of @ehren. Brave Theme.  When I uploaded the new version I was presented with a screen that looked like it was comparing old styling code and NEW styling code.  Some stuff was highlighted in RED while other were in GREEN.  Without thinking I selected the option to use the new version.  This obviously was a mistake.  Due mainly to rushing and not considering the impact.  Thankfully I have his Dimension Theme which still works well but isn't updated.  I'm a little gun shy now though to upgrade it as the Brave theme got completely messed up to the point where if you try and use it you can't even change the theme back on the front end.

I've disabled all the broken themes now but I really would like to know what I did and how to fix it.  You can start your reply with a LOL if you wish as this was just a stupid mistake on my part and I'm humbly asking for some help on this now. 

I believe there are pretty severe issues with the "Upload new version" feature, which has never really worked from day 1. When upgrading themes, the safest method at the moment is to install a fresh version and then reapply any code modifications or theme settings.

Fingers crossed that the Upload New Version feature is fixed soon, since it would make the process much easier!

30 minutes ago, ehren. said:

I believe there are pretty severe issues with the "Upload new version" feature, which has never really worked from day 1. When upgrading themes, the safest method at the moment is to install a fresh version and then reapply any code modifications or theme settings.

Fingers crossed that the Upload New Version feature is fixed soon, since it would make the process much easier!

If I have multiple themes installed, how do users maintain their selected theme?

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

If I have multiple themes installed, how do users maintain their selected theme?

That's one of the dilemma's when installing a fresh version.. There's no way to transfer member selections like in 3.x

Archived