Zlib.compression doesn't work on our ipb

Hi,

due to the fact that we can't have mod_deflate on our server (no, we don't want to change the provider) we activated zlib.compression in our php.ini.

zlib.output_compression = On;

Compression level is set to -1. So far so good. It's working, but ....

... only with our Wordpress installation which is on the same domain but just using a different directory.

All the files and all the output from ipb isn't being compressed.

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry for the re-post but my problem still exists.

It was not 100% correct what I wrote above. We do have mod_deflate installed but mod_deflate only compresses JS and CSS (I didn't know that). We only have the problem, that the script output isn't compressed which is being done my zlib.

But this problem only exists with our ipb installation. All other parts of our website (Wordpress, also php test scripts in the forum directory) are being compressed perfectly; only the ipb output comes uncompressed. I contacted our provider and they told me that everything regarding zlib works fine but a script can control zlib compression and maybe there is something within ipb which disables php zlib compression. I found some ipb class files which contain zlib controls.

Could somebody please help me. IPB support can't help me although this phenomenon only exists with our ipb. They told me that those kind of questions are not part of the official ipb support.

Does somebody else have this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

----

Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. Maybe a mod can move this topic to the technical questions forum.

Archived