Push Notifications?

Troy Spiral

Is there a way or a mod that will say, notify via SMS or FB messenger that someone has a new message or was quoted or some such?  I've actually had more than one user ask for this surprisingly.  

Seeing as how at least on my board basicly everyone is on FB to begin with and just "dabbles" on the forums from time to time when one to many cat pictures shows up in their feed.  lol

Whatever it is that sends the "on-board popup messages could just funnel that same message through some other more standard (and intrusive) means so it would pop up on the mobile phone.   Kind of surprised no such thing already exists, or if it does I can't find it. 

On 3/20/2016 at 7:12 PM, jacboy said:

Administrators of Burning Board 4.1 can use the Pusher plugin to provide push notifications on the go by Pushbullet and Pushover (please see here), it would be really cool if someone can build this for the Invision suite.

Wow that's depressing. Lol

Just now, Troy Spiral said:

Wow that's depressing. Lol

I mean that it doesn't exist. Has ipb become less popular than it used to be?

• 8 months later...
On 3/20/2016 at 6:12 PM, jacboy said:

Administrators of Burning Board 4.1 can use the Pusher plugin to provide push notifications on the go by Pushbullet and Pushover (please see here), it would be really cool if someone can build this for the Invision suite.

XenForo has also had the capability (via two different add-ons by excellent developers) for quite a while. This is one thing I'd love to see IPS include and base it upon a permission setting.  I use it on my XenForo and Burning Board sites for myself for notifications to my iPhone.  I don't offer it to my users as it's more an "administrative" use for me.

• 7 months later...

This is an old topic but the same subject.  Really would be nice to see this built - in.   People expect this nowadays.  One of the many reasons people use say FB instead of message boards, even though when the exodus from boards to "big social media" started It wasn't doe BECAUSE of that, its just one thing people now, expect.  They also expect awesome mobile device versions of websites, since most people use mobile devices to access them it just makes sense. 

Archived