Some missing data after upgrades

Cyboman

Hi,

I'm observing different weird behavior since the upgrade to 4.1.8.1

Maybe you can tell me, where to switch options on/off, or if they are totally gone...

1. LIKES, REPUTATION & COUNTER:
    There is a new counting system for LIKES. In earlier times, we've only been able to like regular posts in a forum. But now, after upgrade, you can also like statusupdates and comments. My community is very upset with this, and wants it off for status updates and comments. They say this is spam and has nothing to do with reputation. Howto switch off?
    Beside that, the counter for posts and so on increased dramatically after rebuild. It seems, that status updates and comments are counted to the post count now. How can I disable and roll back this?

2. HIDDEN CONTENT INSIDE POSTS:
    This option seems not to work properly. You can't show the hidden content, though it's still there. The open arrow doesn't work.

3. MASSIVE MAILINGS:
    There have been some changes to the notification system, and my users complain, that they receive massive emails about anything since the upgrade. Way more than before. One user reported about 40 "Spam-Mails" today... And they can't edit all of the settings anymore by themselves, as some options are now protected by ACP. What are the changes made to the system? How can I stop "spam mailings" to my users in a pleasant way? Urgent!

4. SEARCH FUNCTION:
    You cannot limit your advanced search to specified forums anymore. True? Can I switch it on again?

5. NOTIFICATION SETTINGS:
    Before upgrade you could see all elder (also the very old) notifications. Now it's limited to five on the notifications page... What's wrong?

6. COMMENT FUNCTION TO POSTS:
    How can I limit the comment function in char length, so it won't be used for a regular (sub-)forum substitute. I want the main content only in the level-1-communication, not in comments. I only want short comments allowed. How?

7. PROFILE INFORMATIONS:
    Since upgrade, the personal friend lists of my community members disappeared. Where can I switch it on again? It's important.
    Also there is no entry in the profile anymore to edit the user signatures. I find them in ACP, but not on the frontend for the users to edit...

Please help, I don't find the answers.

Thx T

Archived