Converting from Wordpress 4.x to IP.Blogs 4.1?

LDDG

Has anyone successfully converted a Wordpress 4.x database (articles, posts, etc) to an IP.Blog 4 database? I uploaded the converter (the right one for IPB 4) and initiated the System/Members conversion without an issue.

The issue is that when I go back to Step 1 to continue with the rest of the conversion, I select Blog Data, but when I go to step 2 to select the software, it does NOT give my Wordpress as an option to choose from. It only shows me vBulletin as a software option.

In other words, it has only allowed me to convert System/Member but nothing else. It will not show me options to convert Wordpress articles over to IP.Blog.

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

5 hours ago, LDDG said:

Has anyone successfully converted a Wordpress 4.x database (articles, posts, etc) to an IP.Blog 4 database? I uploaded the converter (the right one for IPB 4) and initiated the System/Members conversion without an issue.

The issue is that when I go back to Step 1 to continue with the rest of the conversion, I select Blog Data, but when I go to step 2 to select the software, it does NOT give my Wordpress as an option to choose from. It only shows me vBulletin as a software option.

In other words, it has only allowed me to convert System/Member but nothing else. It will not show me options to convert Wordpress articles over to IP.Blog.

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

You want @Stuart Silvester to respond.  He may not have the IPS 4 converter compatible with WordPress yet.  

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

You want @Stuart Silvester to respond.  He may not have the IPS 4 converter compatible with WordPress yet.  

Hopefully he does...

17 minutes ago, W4L said:

i just did this a few weeks ago you need to be running 3.4.9 and convert the wp db to it .

then upgrade to 4.1.

i managed to save everything , 13000 topics and over 1500 cats plus members .

So what you are saying is that I should start from scratch?

In other words, install IP.Board 3.4.9, IP.Blog 3.4.9, convert my WordPress to it and THEN upgrade my IPB 3.4.9 to IPB 4.1.8.1?

Seeing that my IPB 4 installation is empty, I wouldn't mind doing this all over if that is what it takes to transfer over my WP data.

3 minutes ago, W4L said:

thats exactley what i did and it works just fine

Awesome, I will give this a shot.

PS: Did you convert to IP.Blog or IP.Content? I think the converter also converts to IP.Content, which I would actually prefer.

Archived