Help with Nav bar

EOMA

Good afternoon

I have recently downloaded a copy of the theme Agile which I like very much

Can someone direct me to a link or better still advise me in laymans terms how tho move the text indicated from where it is to where I have indicated - I am also looking to change the name calander to something else

Sorry I am new here so I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place

56b600e83c7fa_ForumChanges.thumb.jpg.a70

Hello @Bacman,

I'd be more than happy to give you a hand. To manage your navigation menu's layout, simply browse to this path:

ACP > SYSTEMS > SITE FEATURES > MENU MANAGER

Here, you should be able to alter the format, order and even the name of each your your menu items. I personally prefer this method, as you're able to add custom menus of any path in seconds. Take a look at the customization of my own forums' menu layout, of course using the built-in "Menu Manager" feature we're discussing:

http://www.projectgaming.net/community

Hope this helps. If I could be of any other assistance, or give you a hands-on assistance with your menu, feel free to give send me an email in the address below.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Kevin 7 said:

Hello @Bacman,

I'd be more than happy to give you a hand. To manage your navigation menu's layout, simply browse to this path:

ACP > SYSTEMS > SITE FEATURES > MENU MANAGER

Here, you should be able to alter the format, order and even the name of each your your menu items. I personally prefer this method, as you're able to add custom menus of any path in seconds. Take a look at the customization of my own forums' menu layout, of course using the built-in "Menu Manager" feature we're discussing:

http://www.projectgaming.net/community

Hope this helps. If I could be of any other assistance, or give you a hands-on assistance with your menu, feel free to give send me an email in the address below.

Cheers

Thanks so much Kevin - I still cannot work out how to move the browse tab up next to the notification and messages tabs

31 minutes ago, Bacman said:

Thanks so much Kevin - I still cannot work out how to move the browse tab up next to the notification and messages tabs

You cannot do that without making changes to template

Remember to take into account if members have smaller screen res

1 hour ago, Bacman said:

Hello,

Remember, you wasn't to consider the possibility of you expanding your navigation menu in the future. Altering the code to display the navigation bar in the top header line could be a wreck in the future (seeing it would only have room for like 3 menus :( ). In addition, your mobile appearance would look screwed :(

I think it's pretty neat as is. You can even add more menu links later as your community expands.

Good luck

On 06/02/2016 at 6:00 PM, steve00 said:

You cannot do that without making changes to template

Remember to take into account if members have smaller screen res

But if i was to attempt to change the template....how would i do this and what would I need to do - My client is very forceful....

basically would have to find the code for the menu and move to the area you want it to be (globalTemplate)

Personally I would not do it ... if customer is being forceful then ask them to resize their browser and see what happens as the menu changes for tablet/mobiles so then have to make everything work in that if you move that menu to where you want (something I would not want to mess around with)

Hi, there.

On 06/02/2016 at 2:22 PM, Bacman said:

I have indicated - I am also looking to change the name calander to something else

Changing this is a piece of cake, using the built-in Quick Translating feature.

20 minutes ago, Bacman said:

But if i was to attempt to change the template....how would i do this and what would I need to do - My client is very forceful....

Customization > Themes > click "</>" icon of the relevant theme. This will bring you to a list of the template files for your theme. You'll have to work out what to change in which, since I don't have Agile. Be warned, though; unless you know what you're doing, you run the risk of wrecking your suite.

Archived