Question about gallery videos

Elena-Viorica

I have a few questions about gallery videos:

- how can they be downloaded by the members? I don't see any download button.

- is there a way to rotate them (if the video is filmed vertically and appears horizontally in the gallery or the other way around)?

- is there any way to make them appear as actual shots of the video on the forums homepage, like the photos are shown? This is how a gallery video is displayed in the forums homepage slider:

gallery.jpg

On 2/5/2016 at 4:58 PM, Elena-Viorica said:

- how can they be downloaded by the members? I don't see any download button.

Hello @Elena-Viorica,

To allow members to download items, such as images and media, you will need to enable the "Downloads/Files" applications and allow users to download the files from there. Gallery is used for publicly posting media for view - the files applications actually allows users to "download" then like you've mentioned.

Sorry, I should have confirmed that before. For more help, email me below and I'll give you a hand.

9 minutes ago, Elena-Viorica said:

So... the Files application is the way for the members to download videos that have been uploaded to the Gallery? That doesn't really make sense. They are two different apps that are not interdependent. A community can have a Gallery without having the Files app.

Negative, seems like you misunderstood me. To clarify, the gallery application is to post media and allow users to comment and rate the media. The Files applications allows you to actually download whatever items are uploaded there. If you want users to be able to download an image, you would upload it to the Files applications instead of the Gallery, allowing downloadable options.

So, use Files, not Gallery. Then you can download as you'd like.

Archived