Users Online Side Block

Mike Gholson

Hi all, I noticed the users online block is totally different when it's on the side versus the center.  Here's my feedback about what I think we need to do.

You'll want to always show the entire list of 'logged on' users and show the number of total anonymous users in parenthesis. This is already being done in the center block, but not on the side block.

I also want to see the name of the search engine currently crawling my site as well, such as Google, Bing, etc... The search engine display should be configurable as enabled/disabled for those people who may not want to show it. The reason you want to show search engines is to understand if your sitemap and search engine submission has been successful or not. I always liked this in your 3.4.x series because I knew my sitemap was working.

m

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think it should because it puts it to two lines but if you need it edit your theme.

core > front > widgets > whosOnline

Find:

{{if $orientation == 'horizontal'}}
		&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_unbold ipsType_medium'>{lang="block_whos_online_info_members" pluralize="$memberCount"}, {lang="block_whos_online_info_anonymous" pluralize="$anonymous"}, {lang="block_whos_online_info_guests" pluralize="$guests"}</span>
	{{endif}}

Replace with:

&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_unbold ipsType_medium'>{lang="block_whos_online_info_members" pluralize="$memberCount"}, {lang="block_whos_online_info_anonymous" pluralize="$anonymous"}, {lang="block_whos_online_info_guests" pluralize="$guests"}</span>

It will change the functionality for you:

@Bauforum24

Archived