Nexus 4.X - Commerce

ZakRhyno

How does Nexus 4.X (Commerce) handle people that don't want to make an account? There are some websites that you can go to and order stuff and just buy the stuff and send them your information and you don't have to make an account with them in order stuff. I know this is silly but just wondering as I have some people that won't sign up to order, so just trying to figureing out how to answer that problem.

I've had people moan at me about the same thing.

I've no idea how it was done, but one user did manage to purchase (a subscription, so there were no goods to ship) without giving personal info directly to me by purchasing as 'guest' (tho was available to me within PayPal), and the payment was matched up with the correct purchase via PayPal's Instant Payment Notification.

I also had someone give completely fake name/address details, and again it was auto-matched up via the IPN.

But really, this is about users being a bit of a numptie about 'me' having their personal data - because that personal data is always available to me via PayPal.

8 hours ago, dancingbear said:

I've had people moan at me about the same thing.

I've no idea how it was done, but one user did manage to purchase (a subscription, so there were no goods to ship) without giving personal info directly to me by purchasing as 'guest' (tho was available to me within PayPal), and the payment was matched up with the correct purchase via PayPal's Instant Payment Notification.

I also had someone give completely fake name/address details, and again it was auto-matched up via the IPN.

But really, this is about users being a bit of a numptie about 'me' having their personal data - because that personal data is always available to me via PayPal.

It just a section that could be a source and left untapped. :( 

8 hours ago, opentype said:

It doesn’t. There is no such option. 

It would be nice.

Archived