Developer License

DesignzShop

Please consider offering a developer license. Many times developers want to have demo boards to show the public their products. I understand there would need to be limitations and the biggest one being other users couldn't sign up or use the board which is how it should be imo. The consideration to buy a additional license for me is taken away with the full price option. It's really hard for me to justify spending that kind of money on all applications when it's something no one will actually use because it's for demo purposes only. I would like to still see the option of being able to get a second board with that license that would be a test board also. That way we could use the test board for actual development and the main license to show the product, as license's are now. Maybe there's a way to allow 2 accounts only to use the developer edition? I say 2 because you need 2 accounts to make posts and make things happen so the software performs certain actions/functions. For example giving likes, warnings etc... All needs to be tested out for example when designing themes. Not sure, again, just a idea put out there.

I was in this position of considering another license and thought maybe there were others that couldn't justify pricing for something not going to be actually used in typical fashion. I could also see where this would be beneficial to developers and IPB. Just a idea I'm throwing out there. Whether or not it;s a good idea or not I'm not sure. Thought it worth mentioning however.

Just now, Ali Majrashi said:

that will give you one install in your live site for test purposes but in localhost you can install as many as you want 

so if that wouldn't work for him, then sounds like he just needs to purchase another license.... not sure why ips would discount a license to just have it as a dev demo board, what would happen if the dev decided to just quit? now he has a cheap production board.

1 hour ago, Ali Majrashi said:

that will give you one install in your live site for test purposes but in localhost you can install as many as you want 

Right Ali, you only get one and I expected another developer would understand this. The issue with designing themes in local host is I found myself doing things twice, once on local and once on a live server and too may times there were too many differences which took too much of my time. So now I just design in a live environment for IPB.

1 hour ago, MADMAN32395 said:

so if that wouldn't work for him, then sounds like he just needs to purchase another license.... not sure why ips would discount a license to just have it as a dev demo board, what would happen if the dev decided to just quit? now he has a cheap production board.

As stated above in detail in my first post there would of course be restrictions to a dev license for example users. The software would have limitations right of the box as to where it could never be used in a manor as regular licensed software. Being a developer I understand what I need and it's not a free ride. It's a tool you pay for with limitations strictly for development purposes. Nothing nefarious happening here :) Possibly even another way IPB could make money. they would off me because it would be more affordable and allow me to do more for the product.

For the record I do have more than 1 license right now and with all the apps

Regards

Archived