d1screet

How do I make it so that people can upload avatars that are not perfectly square? I was able to do it in 3.x. Members had no problem uploading an avatar that wasn't perfectly square. Now, when I upload an avatar (220x350), it forces me to crop it into a square. This makes it stretch out and pixelate the image in posts, where I've set the avatar size to be 220x350 through CSS.

I posted about this in product feedback. Ended up getting someone with trollish-behavior messing with me:

I find it silly how such a simple feature has been disabled and IPS seems to be about the only forum software content with sticking to squares and circles when all overs have opted to allow users freedom.

Unfortunately not a single member of the IPS Staff bothered to respond. :/

Wow lol those are some pretty holier-than-thou, rude-ass replies.

Clearly he doesn't understand the concept that some people want an avatar that is LONGER than it is wide. Not wider than it is long. Which is what he did with his silly, non-relevant "example". And then comes back boasting that it wasn't a perfect square. lol. Well no sh*t, buddy.

How is it that this was possible in 3.x, but in 4.x, it's somehow literally impossible to have an avatar that's longer than it is wide??? This simply boggles my mind.

Archived