Notes

Makoto

This is the support and feedback thread for the Notes application,

Please see the above link for a description of the application . If you need any help or have any suggestions to make, you can post them here! You're also free to send me a personal message (for suggestions or support requests) if that's easier for you.

18 minutes ago, salue said:

I like it I will most likely buy it  but still kinda finding it hard of what use it would give to  a gaming site xD

if it was cheaper like 10 dollars or 15 dollars I would have bought it coz it's cool XD

you are definitely have my same voting problem. Time to think hard for people who has a gaming site

29 minutes ago, salue said:

I was thinking of using for like game release 2015 by month 

but can we use images on it ?

kinda have a Game dictionary that's made up with the templates and article database.. Don't think it will go well with notes... Support ticket system is what I was thinking about for I.T help desk

5 hours ago, salue said:

I was thinking of using for like game release 2015 by month 

but can we use images on it ?

You can use anything you'd like on it, pretty much anything you can include in your posts here you can include in the notes. You can link to images or upload them as attachments in the same manner as well.

12 hours ago, EmpireKickAss said:

Really really nice application :thumbsup:

Been looking at the images for 10mins and I have no use for an gaming website :unsure:

Thanks for the feedback!

I like @salue's idea of game releases. Moderators that have permission to edit the notes can also customize the displayed post dates, so you could customize those to the actual year / date games are released (and even post releases in the future for upcoming releases).

2 hours ago, Loren said:

So by using categories you could create separate note (pages) that could be linked from separate menu entries?

Yep! That's right. Categories try and remain as isolated, as possible, so you can create and customize multiple categories to create your own entirely independent releases pages, then link to those in the navigation menu however you'd like.

2 hours ago, Loren said:

Also - the $25 is for one year - then $7.50 every three months? A 3 month renewal is a real PITA is there a yearly option?

I'd be happy to offer you a 1 year plan, just send me a personal message on here if you'd like to do that and I'll get you set up.

2 hours ago, Makoto said:

Yep! That's right. Categories try and remain as isolated, as possible, so you can create and customize multiple categories to create your own entirely independent releases pages, then link to those in the navigation menu however you'd like.

I'd be happy to offer you a 1 year plan, just send me a personal message on here if you'd like to do that and I'll get you set up.

Thanks - just purchased.

1 minute ago, Loren said:

Sorry you said that - I am just trying this on my test board and when you enable either the note icon or message box -- then try to disable -- you can not turn them back off.
Likely minor but I did notice that.

Thanks for the report, I'll look into this and have a fix posted as soon as I can.

5 hours ago, Loren said:

When I use an 3rd party theme I am losing the highlighting of the current (left hand) tab that is chosen.
I realize this is not likely your problem - is there something I can add to CSS to correct that?

Thanks!

How it should be corrected depends on the third party theme, but you should be able to fix that relatively easily.

Can you post a link to your notes page here? I can directly see what needs adjusting that way.

Archived