4.1.2 Gallery issue

Tracy Perry

Uploaded 4 images to my gallery... smallest was about 2.1 MB, largest about 3.6MB

2448x3264 (iPhone) or 3264x2448 (iPhone) - depending on landscape or not.

My group setting for my profile is unlimited on file sizes, etc.

After 5 minutes, the screen is still on this and no error logs shown.

563819e9e53ee_ScreenShot2015-11-02at8.16

Anybody else have a similar issue with the Gallery?

OK, some further on this.  It appears that the issue is when I edit the caption (after the upload) they don't finish the upload.. but the crazy thing is that once I left the caption the same as the file name the uploads processed fine.

EDIT:

OK, thought that was the issue, but no go.  Required restarting the HTTP server and the PHP processor - so indicates that there is a caching issue going on - may be related to Chrome also.  I'll have to try it with some other browsers - but will also have to wait till the site has been up for a bit if it is server related caching.

I confirm this issue to be occurred on my community (4.1.2) using IE 11. I upload 10 pictures simultaneously and attempt to change each picture's caption and description. After proceed to save these pictures at the final step, the progress bar halts just the same as you encountered. (Moreover, I found that these captions I changed did not truly applied before the saving process because I reviewed them again to find out that the caption still showing the original name, but it still produce this error)

My hosting server and community (Windows) did not enable any caching option so I do not think that it is about the caching issue; it is likely to caused by the script itself.

By the way, have you encountered this issue? It is occurred when the member attempting to upload pictures is belonging to more than one member group and some group has image upload size restriction: 

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/422137-gallery-411-bug/

16 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

By the way, have you encountered this issue? It is occurred when the member attempting to upload pictures is belonging to more than one member group and some group has image upload size restriction: 

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/422137-gallery-411-bug/

I was reading that... and will have to do some testing to see if it may be related to this also.  Right now I have myself as a member of 4 other secondary groups.  All those secondaries have the restrictions set at unlimited (since they are basically higher perm levels for owner/moderator/admin/special members).

49 minutes ago, Tracy Perry said:

@Foolboy, I've created a bug report at https://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/gallery-412-multiple-image-upload-fails-r8813/ if you want to add your problems to it (they very possibly are related).

Thank you very much! I will try to reproduce this issue again using another scenario and will include additional info (if exist) into your bug report.

I already opened a service ticket for my encountering problem and might create a bug report soon in case of no response from them.

Archived