Profile photo How to make them larger?

Izaya Orihara

edit: nvm read post below.

for the postbit avatar in threads you would edit misc.css (at least that's what I did and it worked out lol), found in global > framework under css tab when you edit your theme.

look for:

.ipsUserPhoto_large img, img.ipsUserPhoto_large, .ipsUserPhoto_large:after {
        width: 130px;
        height: 130px;
        //border-radius: 5px;
        {{if theme.rounded_photos}}
            border-radius: 65px;
        {{endif}}
    }

change width and height, i added the first border radius for when I use square avatars to give them slight rounded edges (commented out as i'm using circular avatars atm) and the second border radius I set to half of my width and height to make it a circle lol. 130x130 seemed like a good size to me '~'

6 minutes ago, Fatal Resort said:

for the postbit avatar in threads you would edit misc.css (at least that's what I did and it worked out lol), found in global > framework under css tab when you edit your theme.

Please, don't edit the system .CSS files (which I'm pretty sure that misc.css is).  Find the appropriate CSS designators you need and modify them in your custom.css as they are likely to be overwritten on upgrades otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Tracy Perry said:

Please, don't edit the system .CSS files (which I'm pretty sure that misc.css is).  Find the appropriate CSS designators you need and modify them in your custom.css as they are likely to be overwritten on upgrades otherwise.

Oh alright, will do. Thanks for the advice. Will make the correction now =]

edit: fixed it.

Just now, Fatal Resort said:

Oh alright, will do. Thanks for the advice. Will make the correction now =]

No problem...Unlike with XenForo (whose template system has merge capability) an upgrade in IPS 4.x series appears to completely overwrite the base style (if that's what you are using) templates.  If you have one as a child style, then it apparently has issues also.  It's (to me) a real weakness in the templating system for doing styles.  You have to manually update the entire style each time (apparently even if it is a child style identical to the default using the same default templates and the changes only in custom.css).  It really twists my knickers each time I have to jack with updating my custom style after being used to simply "merging" changes in XenForo.

12 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

No problem...Unlike with XenForo (whose template system has merge capability) an upgrade in IPS 4.x series appears to completely overwrite the base style (if that's what you are using) templates.  If you have one as a child style, then it apparently has issues also.  It's (to me) a real weakness in the templating system for doing styles.  You have to manually update the entire style each time (apparently even if it is a child style identical to the default using the same default templates and the changes only in custom.css).  It really twists my knickers each time I have to jack with updating my custom style after being used to simply "merging" changes in XenForo.

That xf plug ;) Thanks Tracy and thank you as well for your assistance @Fatal Resort

Archived