First Day Testing 4.1.2 ... Amazing Software - But Bugs Galore.

openfire

I'm afraid this product just isn't ready yet for prime time (at least not for me)... Too bad because I really like what I see - aside from the bugs that is.

The first thing I did was create a new database, and tried adding a record. After I hit submit, I got an error code:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2T252/2

Huh, I wasn't trying to view anything!?

Then I added a second record, and got the same error code. Fine. Moving along, I then I tried to actually view the new record and get the same error code. Uh. OK...

Then when I click on the activity stream, I get this:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Soooooo...

Too bad, because I really love this new version and think that IPS hit this one out of the park - aside from the bugs, of course.

Is it just me, or are others encountering a LOT of bugs? This just feels like beta software to me.

9 minutes ago, openfire said:

I'm afraid this product just isn't ready yet for prime time (at least not for me)... Too bad because I really like what I see - aside from the bugs that is.

The first thing I did was create a new database, and tried adding a record. After I hit submit, I got an error code:

Huh, I wasn't trying to view anything!?

Then I added a second record, and got the same error code. Fine. Moving along, I then I tried to actually view the new record and get the same error code. Uh. OK...

Then when I click on the activity stream, I get this:

Soooooo...

Too bad, because I really love this new version and think that IPS hit this one out of the park - aside from the bugs, of course.

Is it just me, or are others encountering a LOT of bugs? This just feels like beta software to me.

There are a lot of factors which could cause different users different problems, some being IPS bugs, server environment, plugins, addons etc etc Even some as simple as clearing your browser cache.

For myself I am running 4.1.2 and having no issues at all. 

Keep an eye on:

https://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/

• Management

If you are experiencing any bugs please post a ticket for help or post a bug in the bug tracker. In looking at your account @openfire I see no open bug reports and I do see that you have since submitted a ticket for help. Posting a topic here will never get you help but that ticket will have someone resolve your issue.

I am happy to see you enjoy the software and I hope these two bugs you are experiencing get sorted out.

16 minutes ago, Charles said:

If you are experiencing any bugs please post a ticket for help or post a bug in the bug tracker. In looking at your account @openfire I see no open bug reports and I do see that you have since submitted a ticket for help. Posting a topic here will never get you help but that ticket will have someone resolve your issue.

I am happy to see you enjoy the software and I hope these two bugs you are experiencing get sorted out.

Yes, I am enjoying the software as it has amazing potential... Now if we can just get it work ;)

Bug reports added to tracker.

Archived